Are you energetic and outgoing? A real team player?
We are sniffin’ around for a Kennel Attendants to join our Pack at Country Paws Boarding, where we care, walk and play with all breeds of dogs like they are our own. We are looking for energetic, outgoing, and reliable team players. Seeking applicants with experience working within an animal-care environment: kennel, veterinary clinic, grooming shop or farm-related setting.
The kennel is open 24 hours, and overnight, day and evening shifts are available.
• Enrichment: Socializing dogs in all climates of weather
>> Interact ‘play’ dogs: Select dogs with similar temperaments to exercise outside in playgroups
• Housekeeping: Providing care to our ‘guests’: feeding, watering, cleaning kennels, food dishes, bedding and rooms
>> Weekly and monthly cleaning duties as per assigned cleaning schedules
• Regular checking of all Guests and reporting any health concerns to the Operation Manager
• Must have a genuine interest in and concern for the overall well-being of animals and demonstrate empathy and compassion for animals
• Knowledge in recognizing different breeds of dogs including basic care requirements
• Physical abilities to perform the assigned duties
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
Bonus if you have:
• Post-secondary education in Animal Care, Veterinary Tech, or any other specific dog training
• Previous kennel or animal care experience
Perks to joining our team:
• You get to play with dogs!
• Above average compensation
• Benefits and dog food allowance for full-time employees
• Flexible work schedule
• Discounts on retail items and boarding services
• Opportunities for career progression
Country Paws Boarding is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.