Kennel Attendants (LONDON LOCATION)
Are you energetic and outgoing? A real team player?
We are sniffin’ around for full-time Kennel Attendants to join our awesome team at Country Paws Boarding, where we care, walk and play with all breeds of dogs like they are our own in all climates of weather. We are looking for energetic, outgoing, and reliable team players. Seeking applicants experienced in a commercial animal environment, kennel, veterinarian clinic, grooming shop or farm-related setting. Animal-related education, veterinary technician or animal care certificate considered an asset.
The kennel is open 24 hours, and overnight, day and evening shifts are available.
- Daily cleaning of all kennels, food dishes, and rooms per assigned work routine
- Feeding and watering of all dogs in your assigned area
- Weekly and monthly cleaning duties in accordance with prescribed work routine and assigned cleaning schedules
- Select dogs with similar temperaments to exercise outside in playgroups
- Regular checking of all animals in your assigned area for health problems and reporting any health concerns to the Operation Manager or designate on duty
- May perform animal care duties, such as nail clipping and bathing as required
- Regular checking of all water dishes throughout the day and replenishing water immediately prior to the end of each shift and ensure bedding is clean and dry
- Transport of dogs from the kennels to the front office area for customer pick up/drop off
- Responsible for performing duties in a professional, proactive manner in order to achieve and maintain high-quality care of all kenneled animals, and providing excellent customer service to the public
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in Animal Care, Veterinary Technician or Assistant, or any other specific dog training would be preferred
- Previous kennel or animal care experience will be considered an asset
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a genuine interest in and concern for the overall well-being of animals and demonstrate empathy and compassion for animals
- Knowledge in recognizing different breeds of dogs including basic care requirements
- Physical abilities to perform the assigned duties
Bonus if you have:
- Post-secondary education in Animal Care, Veterinary Tech, or any other specific dog training
- Previous kennel or animal care experience
- You get to play with dogs!
- Above average compensation
- Benefits and dog food allowance for full-time employees
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on retail items and boarding services
- Opportunities for career progression
Country Paws Boarding is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Part-time
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.